Button CopyPathCircle CloseCircle Left ArrowArrow Down Icon GreyClosecirclecircleBurger
Price Range
Price Range
Beds & BATHS
Buy or rent
Time Frame

Toronto, ON Real Estate - Houses For Sale in Toronto, Ontario

Homes for sale in Toronto have become more expensive recently with major price increases over the last 7 years in particular. Single detached homes and expansive apartment structures make up more than half of the housing landscape. Yet, townhouses and smaller apartment edifices can still be found. The city boasts a diverse range of housing options, from stylish lofts to homes with four or more bedrooms. Homeownership is predominant with approximately 60% of the city's residents, leaving 40% as renters. A notable 30% of Toronto's properties were erected during the 1960s and 1970s. Most of the other properties either predate the 1960s or were constructed in the 1980s. The average price of an MLS® real estate listing in Toronto is $1,252,101.  Read more about Toronto real estate

1,000+ Homes For Sale in Toronto


About Living in Toronto, Ontario


This city presents house buyers with several alternative means of transportation. With plenty of rapid transit stations on the Bloor - Danforth Line, 109 | Meadowvale Express, Scarborough Line, blue | VIVA BLUE, Sheppard Line and Yonge - University Line, and over 250 nearby bus lines, this city benefits from a good public transit system. It is also convenient for people travelling on foot to move around in this city; running daily errands is convenient by walking, and a fair number of businesses of different types can be found as well. Toronto is not especially amenable to bicycling as cyclists encounter a considerable amount of hills, and the cycling network is not especially extensive. Nevertheless, a few enjoyable sectors for bicycling can be found.


It is generally possible for property owners in this city to shop for their groceries on foot. Likewise, there is often a restaurant or cafe just around the corner. When it comes to education, it is a reasonably short walk to reach daycares and schools from anywhere in this city.


The character of Toronto is exemplified by its calm atmosphere. The noise levels in this city are low, as noise from streets and other parts of the city is rarely an issue - although that is not the case around one of the 3 airports (YTZ, YYZ, YZD), one of the railway lines, Dan Leckie Way or Allen Expressway. Lastly, greenery is prominent in this city as there are many tree-lined streets. There are over 2100 public green spaces nearby for residents to visit, including East Don Parkland and Tommy Thompson Park, which results in them being very easy to reach from most locations in Toronto.